Thursday 24 September 2015

Our Absolute Favourites Bruising Just Dropped An INCREDIBLE New Track

I'm sick of saying that Bruising are one of my favourite Leeds bands because I find myself saying that about everybody because there's just such a great DIY scene over there at the moment, so I'm just going to start saying they're one of my favourite bands. Anyway, the two-piece just released a new track called 'Emo Friends' and even if I wasn't really biased I'd recommend it 'cause it's great. From the moment the racket of a bassline gives way to a surging guitar squeal, Bruising attack with utterly infectious melodies both with their guitars and vocals. "When I kiss you I feel part of myself slowly slip away" croons vocalist Naomi Baguley before launching into an impossibly great chorus. The guitar work on the track sorta flicks between Thurston Moore-esque cathartic tones and the kind of warped pop sensibilities that Stephen Malkmus would kill for, which just sounds so gorgeous entwining with Baguley's saccharine vocals. Oh, and another Terrapin favourite in MJ of Hookworms is on production duties too, so obviously it sounds even better for that. We don't really rate singles but if we did this would be an easy 10/10. 

Listen to 'Emo Friends' here (and then buy a 7") 


By Marty Hill



No comments:

Post a Comment