Sunday 23 August 2015

Tomorrow's Tulip's on The Velvet Underground's 'Loaded', Elvis' self-titled and Neil Young's 'Zuma'

One of the main reasons we started this zine is because we love hearing about other peoples favourite records, and so we decided to launch a sorta series in which we ask some of our favourite artists to talk about one of their favourite albums. Here we have Burger Records' finest Tomorrows Tulips giving a brief round up of three of theirs.


The Velvet Underground - Loaded

Although it's said to be re-edited without Lou, and considerably contributed by Doug Yule, the Maureen-less masterpiece evokes tears and warmth on all tracks but "I found a reason" melts me beyond belief, I can't make judgement on the terms that I don't know facts, but perhaps Lou was disappointed in the album because he wanted to make it so definitive it surpassed the Cale/Reed albums, he might have felt it fell short, but it gives me chills every time.


Elvis Presely - S/T (RCA Release)


The vocals on "I love you because" are magical and stand alone to me as to why he got where he did, even though I don't think he wrote one song on the album, his voice and the production is incredible.


Neil Young - Zuma

Incredible, I love "stupid girl" for how one sided and fucked up opinionated it is, the starting line being openly the title is forward and brash.



No comments:

Post a Comment